- Start off with a joke
- Get on their level
- Very important: I very very slightly slur my words
- Try to use JUST one word plus one image per page
- Try to shock people on each slide
- Self-deprecating, showing you have the same fears, worries, faults that they do and let’s solve some of those problems
- A talk should be a three act structure GREED, FEAR and SHOW — I personally prefer AIDA: Attention, Interest, Desire and Action
- The Pretty Girl Rule: it’s about presentation
- Never ever self-promote
- Simple facts nobody knows
- Tell Stories. This is a must. Whenever anyone goes to a talk they are signing up for a couple of reasons:
- They want to know they are OK
- They want to know how they can be better
- They want to be entertained
- They want to know more about you
Get the full article here.
Are you running your online store like a retail store? You Should.
Always, always, always be camera ready.
The Invisible Bicycle Helmet | Fredrik Gertten from Focus Forward Films on Vimeo.