Are you AWARE of time?
You should be able to tell the time without looking at your watch with 8 minute accuracy.
A great post from Neil Patel about things to know when starting.
- Swing for the fence (Aim High)
- Create a simple product (SMPL)
- Solve a problem
- Know your market’s price tolerance
- Advertising is a must
- Payments should be easy
- Be patient
- Premium prices have advantages
Free work can lead to lucrative work (Don’t lower your price)
Never Stop Closing
Eliminate everything else but the essentials (FOCUS)
Always lock into your passion (It’s going to be a long, bumpy road, you might as well enjoy the trip
Hire carefully (Hire Slowly, Fire Fast)
- You appear like an authority
- You will get fewer complaints
- You deliver excellent customer service when focusing on a small number of clients
- You’re reputation grows
Smart people learn from other people’s mistakes
- Test the waters yourself
- Develop a process
- Forget about pay
- Consider more than talent
Cash is king
- Get a mentor
- Read about business failures
- Use volunteers and interns
- Work like a slave
- Resist a fat salary
- Don’t buy expensive office furniture
- Keep the office space at a minimum
This is probably one of the best, most concise employment packages I have ever seen.
Benefits & perks
- Free lunch and dinner as well as endless snacks and beverages.
- Open vacation policy. We don’t count days.
- Buy or build your ideal work environment.
- Free gym membership.
- Flexible work hours.
- Free laundry service.
- Competitive salary and equity packages.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
“Master the instrument, master the music, then forget all that shit and play” – Charlis Parker.
Do not make an important decision, when you are
It badly affects your sensible judgement.
Use AIDA in your every pitch:
- Attention: get your audience attention
- Interest: create interest by showing them the perks
- Desire: make the offer desirable NOW as a short-lived opportunity
- Action: show in plain, simple language how to exactly benefit from the offer