Here are the 5 top tips to attract people you deserve:
- Invest time and energy in creating your (business) values – and then embrace and live by them. Once you have your values in place this creates a perfect grounding for everything people related
- If you do recruit people, think of HR as an experience – not how you use humans as resources, but rather how those people are able to experience and engage with your business
- Invest in yourself and your people leaders – you can have all the ideas and new innovations in the world, but if you aren’t engaged with what you are trying to achieve, you won’t get buy in.
- Be authentic. In a workspace, that means allow people to come to work as themselves and not their job titles – people will always have good and bad days and managers need to accept that. Apply the same authenticity to your personal life.
- Get to know who your people really are and what makes them tick – how do they like their coffee? Do they even drink coffee? What are their pet peeves? Do they like private or public recognition? The more you know – the more it actually shows you care about them as individuals.
As a leader you have a responsibility to work harder on yourself than on your business.
For the full article click here.